close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

State Record Gar

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by Carpn, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

I heard that there was a 50.5" longnose gar shot on the Ohio river friday that weighed 14.72# on a certified scale.

2. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Heres a pic.

[​IMG]

3. Nice!! I have never seen one even close to that size.

4. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

5. Gee I wonder who it was??:D Congratulations Jake!! I believe that is your second current record along with the carp from last year?

6. Very nice job!! That Is a huge gar. With bow fishing I bet that gar lost a bit of weight in blood too.

7. great job:) :B i always wanted to try bow fishing with fish that big i think that i will try it

8. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Well..I did have the carp record with one I shot in 2006...Someone broke that this yr in May with a huge common carp that weighed in the upper 40's from Sandusky Bay...Records are made to be broken...Maybe if I'm lucky I or someone I know will break it again? Who knows. I doubt this gar record is gonna stand for very long honestly.

9. I guess that was two years ago that you had the common carp record. I also didn't realize that someone surpassed it. Now I know why you were up at Lake Erie a few weeks back.;)

10. BigSteve

BigSteve Member

Great fish man, congrats.

11. CarpCommander

CarpCommander Banned

That's a toad for sure. :B

Congrats again Jake!

12. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Congrats Jake,

One of these days hopefully we can get back out on the Ohio. I'm planning on making the tourney early August !! Picked up a new bow a couple days ago

13. That's a huge longnose. I haven't caught very many, but yours could eat most of the ones I've caught on rod and reel.

14. Congrats man, nice fish and get that carp record back.

15. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Awesome fish man. Keep on keepin on with the records!