close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

State Fair

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Phil Carver, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Went out to the State Fair for my 1st time ever . I thought that it would be the best fair that I had ever been to . WRONG ! I must say thet it was a big let down . I think that I will stick to the county fairs from now on . It is nothing like I have heard it described to me . :(

2. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

Not sure what you've been told about the state fair, but theres pretty much hellish traffic and tons upon tons of people. I live in columbus, and totally avoid 71 during the fair, let alone the fairgrounds.

I am much more in to the small town (county) fairs. FYI Pataskala street fair next week, nice small town fair just east of columbus. Stop by and gamble (donate) with the fire department.

3. catking

catking Banned

cwcarper and his fiance were there yesterday. They were having a good time with the kids. I read where there was over 100,000 people there in one day last week. NOT MY CUP OF TEA :eek: I still would like to visit the fair once in my lifetime though............ CATKING

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I agree, I consider more than 3 people a crowd!

5. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

If you like fairs, Canfield is the fair to go to in this state. The only good site at the State Fair is the DNR exhibit. Everything esle is a hassle to see after 12pm. Pay to park, traffic, thugs and ruffians, stuffy animal exhibitors (for the most part) and the list goes on.

The State keeps making it worse. 3 years ago they tore down the motor sports stadium, then the shortened it to 9 days. The state highway patrol used to handle all of the parking and it was well run. Now it all pretty much stinks.

6. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

should try the heatford fair in croton...it is top notch....it was last week so you will have to wait a year

7. Did anyone see that Bass Pro at the state fair??? He had the big Bass Tub trailer. It was pretty neat!

8. I used to go several times a year back in the 70's. Always had a good time. But when they tore out the track and grandstands to make room for an bigger midway, I quit going as much. In fact, I've only been there a couple of times since. Yea, part of the reason is because I moved out of Columbus. But I took my kids once and my wife and I went once by ourselves. Probably won't be back for a long time. Its not worth the drive.

9. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I personally like the Randolph Fair in Portage County. Been going there with family since I was a young child.

flash--------------------------------out