Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Coming up this weekend with my grandsons and looking for a good starting point. Will be staying in Sheffield but can trailer past Cleveland to Marblehead if needed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Boat name: Reelin n Dealin
687 Posts
Depends on your setup, but I would say 70’ off Euclid and head NE out to 75’ should put you into some fish. Run dispys down around the 40’ - 50’ depth and you should do just fine.

·
1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.
2,004 Posts
I personally would not leave the water from Vermilion to Cleveland right now with Sheffield right in the middle. Unless someone gives you lat and long lines in Euclid. There are fish to be caught in the whole CB. JMHO.
If you don't know Craig at Erie Outfitters, go into his shop and talk to him. He can put you on the fish.

Rickerd

·
Registered
956 Posts
I second heading to Craigs. Hes good people! Actually wait he sucks he takes too much of our money!! But yeah he'll give you honest reports!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hello all. Coming up this weekend with my grandsons and looking for a good starting point. Will be staying in Sheffield but can trailer past Cleveland to Marblehead if needed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Just a heads up....but if you'll be staying in Sheffield and want to head out to Marblehead....you'll be heading West. Cleveland is to the East. :)
That said, talk to Craig at Erie Outfitters. His store is right between the Sheffield Lake and Avon Lake Ramps.
Tight lines and enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
369 Posts
great ramps in avon and sheffield that cost $5 to launch with fish to be caught from both locations. the guys taking money at the ramps usually have fishing reports, and talk to others launching, most are friendly and will readily share info. i will be headed out of avon saturday morning myself weather permitting.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I second heading to Craigs. Hes good people! Actually wait he sucks he takes too much of our money!! But yeah he'll give you honest reports!
He doesn't want my money. Been trying to place a spinner blade order all summer and nobody will get back to me. So I bought an airbrush and will painting my own from now on.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts