close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Starting a group..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by OhioAngler1, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioAngler1

OhioAngler1 Ohio Angler

Hello Everyone. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to start a public group. I am a founder and I run the Ohio Outdoors website. And I was wanting to start a group called " Ohio Outdoors ". I would like to have a group for anyone to join where we can all comunicate, maybe make some friends and fishing pals. Please help.

Matt
    Founder of Ohio Outdoors

:B

2. Umm, no offense intended here but isn't that what the OGF web site provides?:confused:

3. By the way welcome to the OGF! I think you will find this a great place!

4. Thats what we're doing on here dummy. Its seems you're trying Highjack OGF of its members. Yeah its a free country but you are using another group's forum for your benefit. Then you'll start trying to steal the sponsors too.

But as far as advertising for your website without highjacking another website...word of mouth is a good way. If you have a good website people will find it and tell other people who will tell their peoples, etc. I took a quick peak at your site and firstly I would suggest a website designer. Your home page is kind of lame. Hopefully this input helps.

5. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

That reminds me....

Can anyone tell me where I can find a site that has information on fishing and hunting and a place just to shoot the crap with other outdoor enthusiasts? Something like where they have all the different species of fish listed so if you're targeting just one type, you can find information easily...and maybe even have the site divided into regions to make it easier to find places close to home. Maybe even have a game room, cooking section, news, weather and sports....Boy that would be nice Huh?

6. That sounds great! I think you are onto something there. Let us know when you get it all set up, would you?:D

7. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

Somebody will steal the idea before I can do it :D :D ;)

8. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Well, that was a warm and fuzzy welcome :D

Matt, OGF is exactly that...just one big group. Welcome to the site.

Puttin this one to pasture, as the bulls are restless ;)