close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Start Dancing Big Daddy!

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by skee, Dec 3, 2004.

1. skee

skee

It's that time of year again and I am ready to go.

2. Gotta agree with you, start dancing. Couple more days of deer unting then waiting on the ice. Big Daddy I'll send you a CD of Dirty Dancing so you have something to dance to.

3. Now wait a minute guys. There's still a week or two of open water. You get Big Daddy dancing & I'll have to mount an ice breaker on my bow.

4. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

i agree ronk, this is my favorite time of year execpt when there is ice. i want some open water ice berg fishing.
    tim

5. While driving up to Eastlake this morning, EVERY SINGLE pond we drove by was covered, SHORE TO SHORE, with skim ice!!!! Won't be long now, boys!!!! Two weeks Ron and Tim, then it's time to start the chillin' and get to drillin'!!!!!

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i can't wait for the 50 degree temps next week! can anyone say.....open water jan1!!!!!!!!

7. And this too, shall pass, my son. ;)

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

no way we will have ice early, unless a DEEP freeze materializes out of thin air. better not winterize that boat! you need something to hold the shanty above water if you plan on fishing out of it anytime soon!

9. I saw the weather forecast for this week, gonna hit 60s a couple of days. Not good!!

10. Those are the forecasted highs. No problemo. It's the low temps at night that cool the lakes down. I'll agree, the ice season seems a long way off, but with the cosistent lows at night between 27 and 35 degrees, the water temps will get down and be ready to freeze fast when the super-frigid Arctic air hits us. It'll be here, I would imagine and hope, by the second week of January. But, of course, if it happens before then, all the better!!!

11. I was out at Ladue yesterday. No fish to speak of, but surface temp was 38. Talked to a guy that said that Ladue had a light coating of ice on it Saturday morning.