close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Starlings

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by birdhunt, Jul 25, 2005.

1. I just heard that it is now illegal to shoot starlings.........anyone know anything about this??

2. Who's gonna know? BLAST 'EM!!!!

3. I just asked a question regarding shootin pigeons on ohiowaterfowler.com and they told me that pigeons, starlings, and house sparrows are all fair game. They are all exotic species and considered pests. Please don't confuse the starlings with red winged blackbirds though, there are enough hilljacks in the marsh that shoot them when the ducks aren't flying.

4. Someone is pulling your leg. Mojo is correct, English sparrows, pigeons, and starlings are the only three birds that are fair game. All others are federally/state protected, and even a feather can get you in trouble.

5. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

When doves are scarce in the soybean fields we are allowed to blast the starlings at will. A flock of them will do noticeable damage to a crop if left unchecked. I wish I could blast a bunch of pigeons in downtown Boston when I'm bored. Rats with wings.

6. Ahhh the fun I have with my slingshot. I love popping birds off. Funny watching them fall off the wire.

7. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I know a guy who traps starlings somehow and then drowns the rascals.