close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Stark County Fishing

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FlashMan2702, May 23, 2007.

1. Well I made a thread about Sippo and Petros specifically... but I figured I'd make this one as a general Stark County fishing talk area.

So along with Sippo and Petros, does anyone fish at Stadium/Monument ponds in the Parks, or the Erie Canal off the towpath anywhere in Massillon and have success?? If so, what do you go after, and catch usually?

Any other places are welcome for discussion as well, Im always looking for nearby fishing areas that I can have success at!

2. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

Dale Walborn resevoir, 17 miles from my house here in NE Canton. If you don't know where it's at, take rt 44 N to ice cream parlor/Pontius St, make a right and it becomes Price St...go a few miles and you'll cross water and know you are there. Or Portage Lakes starting with Nimisilla, a mere 12-15 minutes from my house. One is great for crappie and the other is known for lg mouths. In my opinion, Sippo isn't worth the effort. Petros is good when they stock it(Oct)with rainbow trout and for a few weeks thereafter. The monument parks has some catfish and some carp and not many, or at least that I'm aware of. I've a friend who fishes it because it's a 2 minute walk for him...! Hope this is of some help...

3. I agree try walbourn good crappie and catfishing in that lake, i have caught some nice channels out of there pulled 2 out friday nite, one was 25 inches 5.5lbs and the other was 24 inches and 6.5 lbs and i have caught ALOT bigger out of that lake (15lb+ channel two yrs ago). If you need anymore info just IM me and i can give u some areas to try.