Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at getting a Starcraft Fishmaster 196 DC with a 200 hp mercury OB. I wanted to get your input of the pros & cons with this boat.

thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm biased because that's the only brand of tinnie I've ever owned.. IMO they're as good or better than brands costing a lot more.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Maybe Nicklesman will see this. I think his boat is a fishmaster 196. I know I'm really happy with the superfisherman that I bought off of another member here. Extremely dry boat. Handles well. Really tall sides which I like if we take any kids out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
The Fishmaster is one of my favorite aluminum boats...great Lake Erie boat. I think trim tabs are a needed option. The lid on the livewell needs to have a latch of some sort so that water doesn't splash out in choppy conditions. Very roomy.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Awesome lake erie aluminum fishing boat. High sides, great back corner access for netting walleye, large gunneks for tracks and rod holders, runs well in chop, I could go on, but excellent great lakes boat. My fishing fiend owns one, I bought tge similar starweld fusion 20. Shop around on internet, there's a wide price and option variation between dealers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: berkshirepresident

·
2,437 Posts
The Fishmaster is one of my favorite aluminum boats...great Lake Erie boat. I think trim tabs are a needed option. The lid on the livewell needs to have a latch of some sort so that water doesn't splash out in choppy conditions. Very roomy.
Agree with everything said about the boat itself. Great Lake Erie boat. But the livewell sealing sucks. I put weatherstripping on the hatch which improved it some but it still leaks a bunch in choppy weather. Goes into the bilge which is okay except if you have bled your fish in the livewell. One piece of advice is be very specific with your dealer about what you want & then hold their feet to the fire to make sure you get what you paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts