close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

St. Marys Outing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CountryKat, Jan 5, 2005.

1. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Looking for some dates for the St. Marys outing. I can't remember the name of it but I believe it is for disabled young children. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to volunteer some time if possible.

Thanks
    Jim

2. catking

catking Banned

Hey Jim- As soon as Bubbahunter gets things squared away, I'm sure he will post the date . In fact, I'll stick it to the top so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle. This is a very well worth while cause, one that I will be looking forward to again ...... CATKING

3. It's usually the first weekend in June. I think that is what he shoots for and the second weekend in June if it rains the first weekend. I think last year was on the 6th, but like Da King said Bubba Hunter will post all the details later.

4. This is a must do on my 2005 list...after last year i wouldn't miss it

5. Hey Guys i`ll be stoping at the park office next week to reserve the shelter house. Same plan as last year,first saturday in June(4th) as the outing and the 2nd saturday(11th.) as a rain date.

Jim -Thanks ,we can always use a extra hand.one thing for sure it`s alot of work to put this together but one look from a little boy or girl who is haveing the time of their lives,or the pat on the back from a grandfather who says thank you for time you all have put into this,this has made my grandsons day makes if more than worth it..The smiles from the older folks that miss getting out and spending the day on the lake fishing and being with friends and for a small moment in time can go back to being a kid again without a worry in the world.

Last year i got to spend the day with about 120 of the greatest people i have ever had the privilege to meet.OGF members and their families came to spend the day with these very special people.If you truly want to see something special happen then you will be here for this one.I can`t brag enough about how this group of guys and their families come from all over to spend a day helping other anglers get back out ,and to start fishing.

This year we have a special treat, Bigjohn513 is doing a hog for lunch and catking is going to set us up with somemore of those great eats from last year.

As soon as i get some things worked out i`ll let eveyone know whats going on for sure and what we will be doing this year.I should have the fliers ready to go to the printer in about 3 weeks.Also i`m looking for a corporate sponsor(s) that will help carry this from year to year.If anyone knows someone that may be interested please let me know.

Bub