close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

st marys cats

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crappiehunter, Jun 24, 2007.

1. I been fishing for cats on the lake for about a month every weekend. I been catching alot of 2-3 lbs. Any help on were to find larger cats? I been fishing in boat by the state park.

thanks

2. dip

dip dip

best advice is to go to any other body of water. if you fish grand lake that's all you should count on is 0 to 8# channels. every once in a while someone pops a big flat but i'm positive that is by ACCIDENT.

3. Spongebrain

Spongebrain Slab seeker

St. Marys.....the worst lake in Ohio. Hopefully they do something about it before it's too late. It used to be one of the best. It's truely a sad situation. I used a clear monofilament line last time out (2 weeks ago) and it was pea green after 2 hours and has retained that color. Disgusting!!

4. Spongebrain, being from St Marys I am very upset with your statement that the Grand Old Lake St Marys is the worst lake in Ohio!! How can you say that, everyone knows its one of the worst in the US. I agree it used to be one of the best in Ohio but until they get rid of that pea green algae that lake will never be the same. I can't believe anyone would even swim in the thing. They keep blaming farmers with their fertilizers but the farmers have been there for years. I think its all the new houses going up around the lake that have to have their plush green grass no matter how much fertilizer it takes. Also I don't think all them geese dropping all that natural fertilizer is helping any.

5. Spongebrain

Spongebrain Slab seeker

Amen CHOPIQ! I wouldn't let my dog swim in that mess. I agree, the farmers have been there forever. I don't believe it's all about the farmers. Maybe there are aliens dumping toxic waste in the lake!? I don't know what's the cause but it's a shame!!

6. its the geese! kill 'em all i say!:D