Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the St. Croix website and it appears their inventory is wiped out. I'd say 98% are listed as "Sold Out". Just wondering what's going on with their inventory.

·
Wishin' I was fishin'
90 Posts
Probably material shortages like most manufacturers right now, plus increased demand. I too was looking to get a new St. Croix steelhead rod but couldnt find one anywhere. You might try FishUSA.

·
'Super Moderator'
12,528 Posts
Probably material shortages like most manufacturers right now, plus increased demand. I too was looking to get a new St. Croix steelhead rod but couldnt find one anywhere. You might try FishUSA.
According to a major joshing gear manufacturer tech person I talked to just yesterday...you would be correct about the material shortage being the reason. And it's not just affecting St. Croix.
It's affecting many other Rod/reel/bait manufacturers as well.
As an example...per the tech I spoke with...there are certain Shimano reels that if an order is placed today...do not expect delivery on that reel until sometime this fall.

·
Wishin' I was fishin'
90 Posts
I ended up going with a Fenwick HMX and a Shimano Speros SWC3000, but it took some searching to locate both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts