Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a St. Croix spinning rod that is less than 8 months old and I just noticed that the insert on the last (tip) of the rod is missing.. No wonder my line was fraying. Can a new insert be prchased and installed, or I assume I will have to get a new tip and replace it. How do I get the old one off if that's the case? I've built rods in the past from blanks, but not sure how I would go about getting the tip off. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
same thing happened to my Triumph. Luckily I didn't lose the ceramic insert and just pushed it back in placed and added some superglue. Seems to work fine but only time will tell. I would have returned it but Richard's didn't have any more of the same model.

·
Pay-it-foward fisherman
5,251 Posts
I have owned 6 st. croix rods in my life time.. All but one of them has done this.. I am not sure why but every single time it was the bottom guide..
Rodmakers shop fixed it for me..

·
Registered
757 Posts
Don't worry, it's easy to replace. When it happened to me, I just called St. Croix and they sent me a new one along with a small tube of glue to use, no charge. I just heated the tip a bit and pulled the old one right off, then put the new one on. No big deal, just call St. Croix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts