Ohio Game Fishing banner

1581 - 1600 of 1635 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Slow start so far

Fished 9 mile-400 club Thursday and caught 3 SM jerkin. Water looked perfect 58 degrees
Saw no one else yanking or netting. Fish all my regular prime waypoints. Figures i get here and she switches off.

Friday we fished half day at Selfridge and did decent but only caught 8 SM. Good numbers of greenfish & RB, and a handful of walleye. Water is 61

Friday afternoon we hit backwaters on east side and caught a few dozen quikly. Saw only 6 smallmouth beds. Water is 65

Today returned to SR. Overnite front slowed them down. Weather was perfect for fishing, super overcast. Did get some to hit on topwater throughout day in 7-8'. Sun came out around 3 and the pleasure boaters followed.
Water is 63

Most all fish have been taken on vibrating jigs Scrounger/Suijin head with 4"fluke, 3.25 joshy, twister, and 5"slotted skinny dipper

Have been hearing that the most consistant area right now is the st clair flats around the Detroit river. Had friends at Muscamoot that said there were 30 boats fishing the beds. Water is 65

Will try Mile Rds again tomorrow.
They have single lame construction on 94w, so if you trailer down to 9 mile get, on the road early!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
11 dayz
10,449 Posts
Slow start so far

Fished 9 mile-400 club Thursday and caught 3 SM jerkin. Water looked perfect 58 degrees
Saw no one else yanking or netting. Fish all my regular prime waypoints. Figures i get here and she switches off.

Friday we fished half day at Selfridge and did decent but only caught 8 SM. Good numbers of greenfish & RB, and a handful of walleye. Water is 61

Friday afternoon we hit backwaters on east side and caught a few dozen quikly. Saw only 6 smallmouth beds. Water is 65

Today returned to SR. Overnite front slowed them down. Weather was perfect for fishing, super overcast. Did get some to hit on topwater throughout day in 7-8'. Sun came out around 3 and the pleasure boaters followed.
Water is 63

Most all fish have been taken on vibrating jigs Scrounger/Suijin head with 4"fluke, 3.25 joshy, twister, and 5"slotted skinny dipper

Have been hearing that the most consistant area right now is the st clair flats around the Detroit river. Had friends at Muscamoot that said there were 30 boats fishing the beds. Water is 65

Will try Mile Rds again tomorrow.
They have single lane construction on 94w, so if you trailer down to 9 mile get, on the road early!

Thanks for the report brother

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
I keep telling this dude i am with this week, that right now it's an afternoon bite, but he insists we hit the water at 6am. The highlight for me so far was having dinner and drinks with my detroit momma's.

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Got into them good the past two days. Running and Gunning all over the lake. Water is 65 at the Mile Rds and we sight fished beds today in 10ft with senkos.
Not huge numbers but a dozen were in the 4+range.
Still beating the largemouth/pike up in the backwaters. Figuring things will be really interesting toward the end of the week

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Fishing has taken off lakewide.
Some areas on the lake are reaching 70 degrees. St Clair River is at 53-55. To tired to post pics. Tues-Thurs 60-75 fish days with half of that being big rock bass. Yesterday was all spinnerbaits and today was total opposite, topwater and 3" swim baits crawled in 5-6'. Beds in some areas, and some are still prespawn crusiers. Water looks perfect and weathers been perfect. Enjoyed the light crowds this week. If your not here, you suck!!

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Another great topwater, swimbait day. Lower numbers but got my guests into their first smallmouth and pike. 60 fish hit the net.
Water got choppy on the west side of the lake as the locals have unwrapped their water rockets.

War Eagle spinnerbaits, Rico Poppers, and 3" Damiki Armour Shad reeled super slow.

Best action in 5-9ft.

·
11 dayz
10,449 Posts
Fishing has taken off lakewide.
Some areas on the lake are reaching 70 degrees. St Clair River is at 53-55. To tired to post pics. Tues-Thurs 60-75 fish days with half of that being big rock bass. Yesterday was all spinnerbaits and today was total opposite, topwater and 3" swim baits crawled in 5-6'. Beds in some areas, and some are still prespawn crusiers. Water looks perfect and weathers been perfect. Enjoyed the light crowds this week. If your not here, you suck!!

All the better for us. 2 weeks full blown 100 fish days

·
Super Moderator
3,952 Posts
Water is still in good shape.
65-73. Fish in all phases except in Anchor bay-Fairhaven.
Most of the usual productive spots are fishing well.
Was out for 4 hrs today in 25mph gusts, 50+. Newbreed Neil and I put our backs to the wind, and let the spinnerbaits fly.

Had a group of friends up here(some OGF'rs) who have all done well. This weekends cold front will probably turn them into nomads. I've had my fill, and will probably play around at the bars and do some exploring-fun fishing around camp.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The moot is 67 degrees, Selfridge was 65 on Tuesday caught, 3 20 inchers, and boated about 30 more. And two northern In 6' to 8' of water. Grandson is having a great time. Haven really had to move out of the Moot typical bed area around reed islands are full of largemouth, perch, and rock bass. the smallmouth are in deeper water. Monster bluegill on their beds back in the marsh where the party boats anchor 75 degree water. Fishing tubes, and drop shot. Heading back to Selfridge in the morning . View attachment 470482 View attachment 470483 View attachment 470484 View attachment 470485
20210524_192615.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Ohio Game Fishing mobile app

1581 - 1600 of 1635 Posts