Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'll finally be fishing St. Clair this Sunday for the first time! I was hoping to get some info from someone that has some experience on the lake. I have no idea where to launch or whether my odds this time of the year are better trolling or casting. I'd prefer to launch on the US side. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
FishBum
2,526 Posts
The Canadian side has the most rivers and feeder streams...fish are generally beginning to stage near them this time of year. Pick one and troll out in front of it anywhere from 12' to 16'. I have only fished the Ontario side because odds are best there IMHO...If you have any specific Qs feel free to PM and good luck with your trip!

·
Tom B.
3,904 Posts
Take his advice and fish Canadian waters. You can still launch in US and take the ride over. A friend and I went up there three weekends ago for three days. Fished from central Anchor Bay to the shipping channel. 28 hours trolling only got us 2 muskie. Landed many really nice pike and some bruiser smallies, but that wasn't the point. A buddy fishing Canadian water while we were there went 8/12 on just Saturday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts