close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

St. Augustine Offshore 1/8/05

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Stinky Fingers, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Headed 60 miles offshore in a friends 32 Donzi. The fog was horrible on the way out of the channel and about 3-4 miles offshore. We were only able to go 8-10 miles an hour. Once we got thru the fog it was hammer down at 50 mph for the next hour...

Once we were at the weather buoy we set the outriggers and rig up the ballyhoo. Our first knock down was a small king in the 15-20 lb range. After an hour or so the outrigger clip popped and the line started screaming off the reel.... The lines we cleared and I was the man in the hot seat.... Not sure what was on the other end but he wasn't slowing down... line pealed off the reel until the boat was turned to give chase... after 15 minutes of high speed cranking I thougth my arm was going to fall off! Then he tail walked and took off on another drag screaming run... 5 minutes later he was boatside and trashing around.... it was a nice sized sailfish... he was brought over the gunnel for a quick picture and released to fight again... the picture doesn't do the fish justice, the colors were amazing!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lines were set and we trolled for over two hours.... then another rod went off, line was ripping off the reel.... Chris grabbed the rod while we cleared the other lines... the boat was turned and it was angler vs fish.... This one was ripping line and not wanting to come to the surface... after a solid 15-20 minute fight a 40 pound wahoo had the gaf in his side and was being brought over the gunnel... he was not a happy camper... a mouth full of teeth and pi ssed off!!! A couple quick pics and into the fish locker he went....

[​IMG]

The seas were building... 6+ footers, we decided it was time to make the 57 mile run back to the dock.... Its hard to believe but we ran 45+ miles and hour all the way back to the dock, I didn't feel any spray at all... I was very impressed with the ride of the Donzi....

Trolling pic

[​IMG]

Flipper trying out for Sea World

[​IMG]

I can't wait to get back out there but it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate!!!

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

beautiful pictures....it's be great to have a boat like that at your disposal....

3. Its a friends boat... I still have my little old 26' sportcraft...... For now!!! ;)

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Great pics SF. It's cold and rainy up here, so you're not missing much.

5. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Glad you had a great time! Awesome Pictures! I got to give deep sea fishing a try sometime!