close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SSA Catfish Outing

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Daddy, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Tried something a little different at our Silver Lake cat outing. Started out on the bottom with cut gills as bait. Only had one small bite, probably a bullhead. No one was really getting many. A couple on chicken liver, shrimp, catfish stink nuggets. So, I decided to throw the cut bait out on a lighted slip bobber rig. Worked pretty well. Got 1 fish fairly fast, then had 4 more bites within an hour. Missed all of those. Didn't let him run long enough. I need to remember, it's not crappie fishing!!!

I think I came in third. Biggest fish was 27 1/4 incher. Real nice channel.

2. Sounds like you had a fun time and that's the most important part! Good thinking changing up tactics with the lighted slip bobber rig!

3. It was sure fun watching that light stick bobber disappear. Now you see it, now you don't !!!

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Is that Silver Creek Lake near Doylestown or Silver Lake up by the Falls?
    I didn't think they allowed fishing in Silver Lake.

5. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

It is Silver Lake in the Falls. The SSA Club has a member that lives there and is able to get the club permission to fish it every now and then for club outings.

flash---------------------------out

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

How's the overall fishing in that lake? Good numbers? Big fish? Species?

7. The SSA usually holds 3 outings there. Crappie and 2 catfish outings. The club member that lives there runs the stocking program for the lake. There are nice fish there. All you have to do is move to Silver Lake and become a resident, or join the SSA and fish with us!

8. KSUFLASH

It would be cheaper to become an SSA Member... :)

flash-------------------------------out

9. catking

catking Banned

What does SSA stand for??? Thanks.CATKING

10. KSUFLASH

Summit Sportsmans Association

flash---------------------out

11. catking

catking Banned

Thank ya kindly :cool: ..............King------------------out :cool:

12. KSUFLASH

hey now, are ya steeling my closing statement.....i don't remember why I started doing that, but it has stuck, so I continue.... :) :)

flash------------------------------out

13. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I checked the SSA website but found it lacking. Any information on the club? Dues, activities,etc...

14. KSUFLASH

Check your PM's Lewzer.

flash----------------------out