close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Springfield?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by PartTimeBasser, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Heading out for a while on Springfield tonight to work the edges of the weedbeds. Haven't been out there yet this year. Has anyone done any good there so far this year on bass or panfish? Any info is appreciated!

Tim

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I've been meaning to get out there this year. Started tournys this year and have been focusing on the lakes that the tournys are on. Let me know how you do. I might hit it tomorrow after work.

3. Went out for a couple of hours with my father-in-law. He was interested in fly-casting for 'gills, so we hung out around the weed beds trying to find some of good size. We didn't land any gills that were big enough to be worth the effort to clean, but before the thunderstorms came through, I landed three nice cats while panfishing. Go figure.

I plan on spending a little more time out on Springfield concentrating on bass. Will post results.

Tim

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Went out to Springfield for a while yesterday. I was pretty much blown off Erie, and I decided I would give springfield a shot. Ran the boat around for a while, then decided to lock my eyes onto the fishfinder and go really slow. Ended up finding a nice dropoff that went from 4ft to 16ft. Marked fish all around it as well. Anchored up and started off with a small jig and waxworm. Before the bait hit the bottom, I had hits. Kept missing them, so I went to a smaller jig. Kept missing them then as well. Switched to an ice fishing pinman with the fuzzy stuff around the collar. Then put a split shot about 12" above the hook. Lowered it down and fished all night long in the same spot pulling gills, perch, and crappie. Fished from 2pm to 9pm and probably pulled well over 100 gills, 20 perch or so, and 15 crappie or so. Some of the gills went 8", the perch were on the small side, and the crappie were smaller as well. But the action was hot, and I didn't plan on keeping anything last night anyways, so it was pretty fun.

flash--------------------------------------out