Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
very avid fisherman
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard rumors that there are multiple boats on the bottom of Springfield lake and that the easiest way to see them is with sidescan imaging. Is there any truth to this? If so, it might be able to help with the tourneys I fish out there.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I grew up really close to that lake and fished it a lot and never really heard of any boats in ther. I have heard of several cars but never really pin pointed a location or heard from the right person as to where there might be a boat in there.
Doesnt mean its not in there but I havent been able to find anything.

·
Registered
878 Posts
There are several sunken boats out there, mainly rowboats. Not hard to find with side imaging.

·
very avid fisherman
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't surprise me in the least that there are boats down there. That lake changes like Erie. It can be flat calm and the next you're looking at 2-3 foot white caps. As a resident of Springfield, I have only seen it that bad once but it does happen. Probably because that lake has no wind breaks.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
As for ''Cars" that may be in Springfield,,I remember as a kid in the 50's,,going out there ice fishing,,with Dad,,on the North/West side of the lake,,and watching men racing cars on the ice....... I can imagine at some point 1 or 2 of them might have gone in on a thin spot?? It is named ''SPRING''field,,& there are some spots that are first open,, or last to freeze over.......... ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.