Springfield Lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by 06basstracker, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Any news about this lake. I have only fished this lake once in my life and caught 1 14" smallmouth. A friend of mine wants to fish it tomorrow. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

2. Some like it, some dont. I do! There are some decent size fish in there, smallmouth espeacially.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

This is a great little lake with some big largemouth and smallmouth. You can catch short 11" smallies all day.

4. Do they allow boats on this lake and if so, whats the hp limit?

5. 250 h.p. from 10 A.M. to 7 P.M., 10 h.p. otherwise. This was found on the Ohio Department of Natural Resources. Hope it helps.

6. Do they have a public boat ramp off rt. 224?

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

yes they do....it is free off rt.224....off of Lake Rd. on the Lakemore side there is a fee, but the ramp is much nicer.

flash-------------------------------------out

8. You can use the Lakemore ramp free of charge before Memorial Day and after Labor Day.

9. KSUFLASH

good point cull'n, i forgot about the park not being oben after labor day.

flash-----------------------------------out

10. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

how do you catch these bass that you say are in there? i can never catch anything.

11. KSUFLASH

you gotta hold your mouth right.

flash------------------------------out

12. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

how do you catch those smallies that you say are in there???!!! nothing ever bites and i get really frusturated trying to get even a nibble from a bluegill. granted i use lures but i really want to catch more bass out of springfield lake

13. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

14. gotta b on a boat. it's shallow pretty far out

15. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Depends on the situation. Ive caught them on many different things from top water to jig-n-pig to cranks and spinnerbaits. No one thing will work everyday.