close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Springfield Lake Catfish Open

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by neocats1, Aug 13, 2008.

1. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

Springfield Lake Open Catfish Tournament

NEOCATS will be hosting an Open Catfish Tournament on August 23rd, 2008 at Springfield Lake. Fishing is permitted from boat or shore. Entry fee is $35.00 per two-person team. Registration starts at 7:00pm at the Route 224 boat ramp. Tournament hours are 8:00pm to 8:00am. Everyone is invited. For more information, visit www.neocats.bravehost.com or call Jeff at 330-948-2018.

2. This should be a good one for you guys, Springfield is loaded w/ big channels. We routenly catch them in the 10lb+ range bass fishing. If it wasnt an all nighter i would be tempted to fish it. Is the weigh in @ the 224 boat ramp? I may bring the kids out to check it out.

3. neocats1

Yes, the weigh-in is at the 224 ramp. Starts at 8am.

4. neocats1

We do run an optional Flathead Pot, but I doubt anyone decide to get in it at Springfield.

5. Planning on fishing your tournament tonight. My buddy and I have a solid gameplan for that lake. In prefishing the lake the last couple of weeks we have boated a number of channels over 10lbs. We put em' all back so hopefully a couple at least will show up tonight! Anyways I hope to see some of you guys out there. Good luck to all and have a safe night.

6. neocats1

sounds good. There were 3 or 4 weighed in last year that were over 10#. I I remember right, the big fish was 11# even.