Ohio Game Fishing banner

springfield catfish

951 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  fishingful 
#1 ·
went cating at springfield and had a great night lots of small throw backs but kept a few for eating caught 20 or more i lost count after 12 .....c-catfish and a few bullheads .........lost a big one that snaped the line but from 9 till 2 it was a fish or hit every 10 min or so they were still biting when my lantern died i was using chicken liver.......jim :D

#4 ·
It's in Springfield.

Lol! To be more precise, it is on 224 about 3 miles east of the GoodYear blimp hangar. It is tied for the 3rd largest inland Ohio NATURAL lake, with Congress at 200 acres even.

The town borders SE Akron. There is a free lauch off of 224, and a nicer pay one in Lakemore, on the other side of the lake.

#5 ·
Funny how the catfish crumbles :D Went out last night with the fool and fished until 2am. One small 14" channel to show for it. Same spot, same bait, same weather pattern.

Jim did catch a soft shell turtle which was the highlight of the evening. I will post pic.

Such is fishing.

#6 ·
i was behind the bait shop and car shop that is down the road from the police station the beach area all were on fresh liver i thought i had the king of all cats on when i caught that softshell it went 10lb or so.....jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.