Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
confirming what Owner said, it is pay at the ramp but there isnt a person there to take your money like the Lakemore side.
You have to put it in a drop off box at the ramp.
I wonder how honest people will be with that?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
That's too much for me. I'd rather go down the street to Mogadore or Wingfoot and launch for free! Never fished Springfield from a boat and never will as long as there is a launch fee!

·
Registered
596 Posts
To be fair, Springfield HAD to open a charge fee just due to the people trashing the lake. About 2 years ago you could hardly walk the shore line without finding a syringe, used condoms, panties and or bags of human waste. They would have homeless people doing the dirty on the docks at night and have to send LEO's out to shoo them away. You still see all the same stuff on the 224 side but, the Lakemore side is really clean for the most part, if you go out in the AM after the weekend you will find beer bottles and other random trash but, nothing like it used to be. I am going to be out there all day today on the Lakemore side having a Family outing so, I am glad they added the launch fees, I am semi uninformed though just due to the fact that I only fish from shore so, someone WITH a boat may have a different view but, look at it from our point of view, us shore anglers. We have to treed through all the junk that comes off careless boaters, careless humans in general, a bit of a rant but, I understand the issues and I feel Springfield/Lakemore has done A LOT to improve this lake, and on the upside, SPL has some pig bass if you can find them, even though during the summer it is what I'd like to call Show off Lake, everyone trying to out speed everyone and what not but, that is fine as long as I can still catch fish :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.