close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spring Valley stretch of Little Miami

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bellyboater, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Was wondering if anybody has fished the area by Spring Valley. Thought I could park at end of road where they release pheasants. And fish my way back to the bridge.

2. Zfishman

Zfishman Member

Belly, I often fished part of that stretch of the river, but by no means all of it. I have found it difficult to fish from the bank but have used waders quite successfully. There are some deep holes in the area so be careful if you wade it. I have been most successful with spotted bass in the area, catching them on white twister tail grubs and in-line spinners. Good luck.

3. Thanks for the reply Zfishman. It sounds encouraging. Have been wanting to give this area a try.

4. While your there and before you call it a day, you might want to give the marsh a try for 20-30 mintues. I fished there a half dozen times last summer. Some evenings I'll pull in a dozen or more LM, mostly less than 1 lb.

Just a suggestion. The marsh is stocked yearly, but few fish it because of the vegetation. White rooster tails is an excellent choice for the marsh.