Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Not in Kansas anymore...
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turn 40 in February and want to do a solo canoe trip sometime in the spring. 4-5 days. My hope is to get back to the Boundary Waters, and that might well still happen but was also wondering about options a little closer to Ohio. Still something remote, backpacking, canoeing, fishing, etc.

I'd heard about Algonquin, but I think with the border being closed that might not be an option.

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
424 Posts
someone a while back posted some really nice pics of a multi day trip down the tusc

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
The Tusc was Fun but not quite as backcountry as the boundary waters or Algonquin. Border is still a no go for Algonquin.
The biggest difference with the Tusc is you need to Stealth camp. Finding spots is not that easy.

·
Not in Kansas anymore...
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, looking for something a little more remote. Maybe I just good it to the BW. I know the fishing is great and I have some familiarity with the area. The 14+ HR drive each way is a bit of a drag. Maybe the border will open in the spring.

·
Not in Kansas anymore...
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any of you crazy people ever hear of St Regis Canoe Area in the Adirondacks?

Saint Regis Canoe Area

Looks kinda like what I'm looking for

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I've canoed the st. Regis twice years ago. Adirondack canoeing is awesome. Did day hike to top of St. Regis mountain. Recall very few cottages and nice campsites and reasonable portages. There are several nice canoe trips in the region. All beautiful. Google some of them. Nice backpacking in high peaks area also!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Also look up the floodwood loop out of the fish creek campground. The Saranac River/lake is nice too but there are boats and cottages in some areas. Algonquin is even more outback and remote too. Wow great memories of trips when I was younger.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts