close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spring Trip for smallmouth

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Walter Adkins, Feb 4, 2005.

1. I will be going down to the mountains of WV April/May. My family has a cabin in Pocahontas County. The greenbrier river is just down the hollar from the cabin and trout can be caught in several streams around there. I was just wondering if anyone might be interested in doing a OGF get away. Room and board is free we just supply the food and gas to get there. Trip takes six 1/2 hrs to get there.
    Yes rooster a kayak can be used there. Just having some fun.

2. Sounds like Snowshoe Mountain area.... I live it down in Elkins, WV and area.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Ahh Snowshoe...great ski trip for 6 hours ;)

4. Yes it is Brandon! I love snowboarding at SnowShoe and Silver Creek.

5. Just how do you run planner boards off of one of those. Just kidding I love to ski and yes I am just 20minutes from there.

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Sounds like a blast Walter but the spring is rough for me. I have 3 days a week off in the spring, but rarley do they ever fall in succession.

However, you and I have to hit the LMR a few times!

7. Walter, how far away is that from Covington, Virginia? I have an aunt that lives there.

8. I've wanted to fish for some monster WV smallies for a few years now. Just have not been able to find the time.

9. Covington is about 45 minutes to 1 hr away. Were located off of 219. About 3/4 of the way from Lewisburg to Marlington.
    Rooster I do not know if I can put you on big fish but I can put you on total numbers. I have had 60+ days. There are several fish in the 14" to 17" range but I have not been able to catch the big ones yet.
    I am just triing to find out if there is an interest and if so when would be the best time. We have three single beds and two queens, and a couch. Nice place where you can here the turkeys gobbling in the morning.