Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which spinnerbait blades do you like for spring, willowleafs or indiana or colorado. my best is a gold indiana and a nickle colorado.

·
Yes i slept on the couch
2,245 Posts
ive been a fan on the strike king mini kings in the early spring... most come with a single hammered colorado blade but if you buy the bleeding bait ones, the come with a tiny willow and a colorado flicker... i like to take the colorado blade from the regular ones and put them on the bleeding bait ones for a double colorado set up.......... they may be little baits but they do suprisingly well

another bait that i found to do suprisingly well early and late in the season is the Strike King Red Eye specials in white and chartruese... they are around $3 at walmart and do suprisingly well... the way that SK paints those blades works well and the chartruese seems to just glow more then usual so it does well in chocolate milk and low light conditions.... its my main river lure :D... they come in a willow main with a colorado flicker

but probably my all time fav early spring time spinnerbait.... the Booyah Mini-shad and Super shad.... the mini shad is a 3 gold willow blade set up with a nice skirt coloration. the supershad is a 4 willow set up.......... every bass that chases these will engulf the entire spinnerbait... its awesome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts