Spotted Bass Pattern/Lip tip needed

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by Coon_Shark, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,
    Here's a spotted bass pattern I've been working on lately. The lures are 4 1/2" and 5 1/4" made out of cedar.

Does anyone have any tips on removing epoxy on a lexan lip? It seems as though every bait I do has some smears, drops. Soak it in something?

I'm still working on the 'adding photo' dillema. I see the "go advanced", but no 'add photo's" icon at the bottom. I used the "insert image", but that just pastes the http: link. I'll keep working on it . :)

[​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

I'm gettin' there.....just need to be bigger now. :D You can left click on the photo and it'll get take you to the original size.

3. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Great looking baits Greg. I like the eyes on them. Very cool color pattern as well.

4. Greg I have found you can soften up the epoxy with rubbing alcohol. It does not damage the lip. You can pick away at it.

Also you can use car wax on the lip and pick at it. It will help take some off. Do it at the end of the finish process. If you have to recoat you will open a can of worms with fish eyes on the final coat. Wait till the end.

If you are careful with applying the wax on the non- glue areas it will not stick to the plastic

John

5. Eyes are from Stamina-they have a pretty good hologram.