close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spots in Stillwater and GMR

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by ajangsta04, Aug 11, 2007.

1. I live in Englewood/Clayton. I've fished the GMR in Troy but out of the dozen times I've gone out there I've only caught 1 CARP.

where should i fish near on both these rivers? I like to target bass and cats.

2. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I regularly fish the Stillwater from West Milton down about five miles. Not bad for bass. There is a park with easy access in West Milton off 571, canoe livery there too.

3. Unspoken rule #1: Never disclose actual spots.

:D

Never been that far north but I'd start with looking at a map. Find yourself a few outside bends, some holes below rapids, and start looking for mouths of creeks. Those places almost always have both bass and catfish.

4. Up north in tipp city there are a lot of bridges you can park at. Pick one an start walking you should find a good spot in no time.

5. If its a public park, I am sure that area is known by alot of people. Not to mention there is a livery nearby.

6. xmatthewx

xmatthewx facebook.com/xmsdx8

the gmr is great in tipp city in certain spots around the park... also down in huber heights along rip rap road. i caught my personal best smallie down there.