Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had 3 as a teen, 1976 fiat x19, 1969 Healey sprite, 1974 mgb. I'm looking at a 1953 mgtd this weekend that's been sitting since the mid-60s. The engine is froze, but I'm looking for bodywork and other areas that I should be paying attention to.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
When I was a kid I owned an Opal GT We went from Toledo to Angola Ind. in half an hour LOL What a blast

·
Bag'em and Tag'em
939 Posts
my first car was an 1977 MGB. wrecked it 9 days after i got my license. went ahead and did a restore on it. Still have it. Needs brake work but cant seem to find anybody to work on it

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,842 Posts
Also hope the wiring hasn't been chewed to pieces by chipmunks and mice!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brakes are easy to do.
Not too worried about wiring. It's been sitting so long I suspect a complete overhaul is needed. I am looking for problem areas with body rot and maybe some other areas. I need a good hobby. Winter's up here are long and very cold. Too much idle time.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Rust never sleeps!
Almost as bad is the Lucas electronics, switches, ignition, lights will drive you nuts.
Fuel system will need cleaning. Maybe replace the sidedraft carbs with Weber downdraft.
It will need to be a labor of love because it will never be worth what it will cost, especially if you can't do all the work yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts