Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be camping/fishing at mosquito state park August 8 thru the 11. This happens to be the first week of preseason nfl, so I am looking for a recommended sports bar in the area to watch a game at. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
You got some options down by the Eastwood Mall like Buffalo Wild Wings, Wing Warehouse, etc. and plenty of non- "sports bar" places that should have the games on(Applebees, etc.). Up a Creek in Howland is a good option. Buena Vista has great food and there's TVs on the bar side. Up in Mecca there's the Lake Tavern which should have a game or two on.

I'm sure others will chime in.....

·
Registered
603 Posts
He pretty much nailed it. But download bar and restaurant app if you have a smartphone. You could find plenty that way too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Captain of the Ship
709 Posts
Not exactly a "sports bar" but the Sunrise Inn in downtown Warren has 9 tv's within 6-12 feet of you if you sit at the bar. Some type of sport will be on all of them.

GREAT pizza and the whole menu is pretty good also.

Quiet and behaved crowd (if there is one) :D

Only bad thing is their hours are more like restaurant hours than bar hours.

·
Registered
707 Posts
There isn't even a regular season game that would be worth leaving camping and fishing to come back to civilization. I'd listen to it on the radio and enjoy being in the outdoors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wing Warehouse is literally 3 minutes from mosquito, go down Elm Rd past Walmart towards Warren and it will be on your right just before Panera, and just after Advance Auto across from Tractor Supply.

Large bar, great food (get the pulled pork) and bunch of TVs

·
Registered
707 Posts
Wing Warehouse is literally 3 minutes from mosquito, go down Elm Rd past Walmart towards Warren and it will be on your right just before Panera, and just after Advance Auto across from Tractor Supply.

Large bar, great food (get the pulled pork) and bunch of TVs
I agree with him. Not far at all from Mosquito.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,868 Posts
Lake Tavern will have it on if your up by the Causway pretty good food
oh yea, the old "46 bar" ive seen a lot of blood spilled in that place over the years. I quit going anywhere near it just because of that. I know its new owners and haven't been in there since the remodel, I hope its a different crowd :C:C

pooches across from the causeway bait shop will probably have it on too, maybe even the hole in the wall a few hundred yards east. so that's the causeway area.

if your going to be at the state park camping, the wing warehouse is less than 10 minutes south on rt 5. probably your best bet. theres a few more down rt 46, one is tommys, right past north river road on the right but if its a sunday night, they might have pool league and one more down on the right hearing south close to howland. I think its called leons. good food in there it used to be one of our stops when out riding.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
oh yea, the old "46 bar" ive seen a lot of blood spilled in that place over the years. I quit going anywhere near it just because of that. I know its new owners and haven't been in there since the remodel, I hope its a different crowd :C:C
I haven't been there before it was called the Lake Tavern(or maybe I just wasn't alive yet? lol don't know when it changed) but I've never seen anything like that there. Good crowd. They even have an occasional concert and stuff outside and they've expanded their outside decks kinda recently. And like fishingful said good food.

·
ST CLAIR SLAYER
10,184 Posts
I am going to be camping/fishing at mosquito state park August 8 thru the 11. This happens to be the first week of preseason nfl, so I am looking for a recommended sports bar in the area to watch a game at. Thanks!
And what if our wives read this. They think you are fishing !!! Tom

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,868 Posts
I haven't been there before it was called the Lake Tavern(or maybe I just wasn't alive yet? lol don't know when it changed) but I've never seen anything like that there. Good crowd. They even have an occasional concert and stuff outside and they've expanded their outside decks kinda recently. And like fishingful said good food.
I hope I didn't come off like im knocking the new owners, I surely am not. I was just sharing my personal experience of when it was called the 46 bar.

·
Time to fish!
4,979 Posts
Yea I am usually there for lunch or dinner so don't know what happens at night. Beers are cheaper at camp. I know someone that's not allowed in Pooches because if a whole "fork stabbing" incident lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts