Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
I pulled one 6lbs today on a stinger.. forget name colors are gold on back side, vertical pink silver blue stripes.. was dragging orange crush, watermelon and a ppurple/black spoon as well with no luck. Depth on the eye was #1dipsy w/ring at 90' in 59' N of the crib

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Monday we split (6-3) on spoons and harnesses. Sunday the 14th all our fish came on spoons. Seems finding feeding fish might be far more important than what ya put in front of them. The spoon bite seems to be there if ya find the right fish.

Good luck...be safe out there.

·
multi species angler
4,374 Posts
I pulled one 6lbs today on a stinger.. forget name colors are gold on back side, vertical pink silver blue stripes.. was dragging orange crush, watermelon and a ppurple/black spoon as well with no luck. Depth on the eye was #1dipsy w/ring at 90' in 59' N of the crib
Is that color Boy/Girl?

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,546 Posts
I've been pulling eyes on spoons off Cleveland, on dipsey's, the fish I've pulled have been high, 3 setting 65 and 72 back no ring big diver. scorpian size stingers. 2.2-2.4 on the fast turns have been good, got a couple bigger fish too. I've only been running 1 dispey so they haven't been my bread and butter programs but they have been producing fish.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Went out Wed. evening 6:30 to 9:30. 9 walleye, all 5lb clones w/2 that went about 7lbs. All big dipsy's w/rings. 3 setting 105, 2 setting 75, and 1/2 setting50 back. Color didn't matter, spoon size didn't matter. 1.9 to 2.1 on the speed. 60 to 64 fow.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Went last night 6:30-9 pm and could only get 1 taker on harnesses. Lots of marks in 56-57 off rocky river with huge clouds of (???) above them. I went low - 3 oz inlines 90 feet back. Switching to spoons.

·
Registered
225 Posts
why waste worms and the hassle of rebaiting all the time when you can catch them on spoons? 95% of my fish this year have come off of spoons. went out last wednesday with six guys and caught our 36 walleye along with two bonus steelies in just under six hours. if that isn't proof i don't know what is.

·
612 Posts
Beat them up in 71 FOW on spoons today. A dozen or so really nice eyes, with several fish between 25-27 inches, but no monsters. Caught 7 steelies and 2 were 10lbs+. Go deep..its' worth it right now.

Dock Time

·
612 Posts
71 FOW straight north of Cleveland-Most fish suspended between 30 and 50 feet

Program:

Big Dipsys with rings
3 1/2 setting 90 feet back and .5 setting 120 back

40 jets off of inline boards -100 back before the board and then another 70 back with the board

Best speed was 2.5

Watermellon with copper was the big winner today, although we did take several fish on purple (kevorkian) with the red eye and large Northern King spoons in Chartruese, with silver.

Good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts