close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spinning reel and Fluorocarbon

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Rooster, Mar 26, 2005.

1. 8LB Seaguar Carbon Pro 100% fluorocarbon
    2500 Shimano Biomaster

Today was the first chance that I had to fish with fluorocarbon on a spinning reel. I really like fluoro on baitcasters, but I have been apprehensive about using it on spinning gear because of the memory. The day started off bad, and the line was coming off the spool in loops. The line knotted on two of the first four casts. I also had a big problem with accuracy. The line is very slick, and would slip off my finger before I was ready to release. I was ready to leave for the day after the first 10 minutes!

However, it did get much better. I removed some of the line on the reel (I normally overfill spinning reels). This seemed to help keep the line on the spool, and I did not get anymore wind knots. Also, after about two hours of use, the line was not as slick, and I was able to get my accuracy back.

For me, two hours of break-in time is well worth the benefits of 100% fluorocarbon. If there are no further problems, I will probably use it on all of my spinning reels.

2. what brand of florocarbon did you use.i use floroclear by pline,it's not 100% florocarbon and has very little memory.i would like to find a good florocarbon with very little memory. baby bass :) :) :)

3. 8LB Seaguar Carbon Pro 100% fluorocarbon

I used Fluoroclear all last year, but didn't like the stretch.

4. thanks i'll give it a try. baby bass :) :) :)