Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat friend and I fished out of Fenwick In 11 to 13 ft. We fished purple jigs caught 8 or so fish in about 4 hours. Sun came out wind calmed bite stopped. Used the terrova to pull bouncers caught 4-5 in about an hour before we had to go. wish I'd bb all morning.http://walleyewarrior.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Welcome to OGF Ranger620...

I agree with hoding the rod in one's hand while trolling... its a rush.. even better on light tackle..

last weekend.. during the OGF outing.. we caught a few fish on spinners and bottom bouncers also... all them fish fish where laying in the mud... that high sun and clear water must of drove them down in the afternoon...

your site and blog is impresive.. keep up the good work and detailed reports..

PS.. nice boat by the way.. ( i may be partial)

FRank

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I caught two on bottom bouncers w/ harness south of South Bass on Sunday. Caught three later on purple jig after wind died (1-2 PM) off Turtle Creek. Had to work the jig hard to entice them. I was with a couple gents who took me with them to teach them the ropes. They had been struggling. I am not a very good teacher. They caught none. I felt a bit awkward as they had a 28" Sea Ray. I had to keep suggesting they slow down and go around the pack. Hopefully there is one less boat tearing up the water over the fishing hole.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts