close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spinner baits

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by jaredj, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Hello all, I'm trying to learn more about spinner baits for bass. Can anyone tell me or point me to a site that explains each type of blade and combonations of blades, what colors to use and when? Any information you can tell me will be very helpful. Thanks all.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Do you think I'd tell you? Then you'd beat me in the tournaments!! I'l do some checking and let you know tomorrow.

3. Clear water silver. Dark water gold. Colardo has the most vibration and spins further away from the shaft so for a given retrieve speed it will spin slower and run closer to the surface and is less weedless. Willow has less vibration and spins closer to the shaft so at the same retrieve speed it will spin faster and run deeper and is more weedless. The willow blades are also easier to start turning.
    In dark water you want a dark slow running bait with lots of vibration this makes it easier for the fish to find. In clear you want light colored faster running running baits with multiple blades to mimick a fleeing school of fish. In general your retrieve speed should be so the spinnerbait you are fishing is just visible as you retrieve it.
    As always there are exceptions to every guidline.