close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

spillways?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dcross765, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Anyone fishing a spillway? Getting to be that time of year when shore fishing gets a little tough. Been on the head boats the last few weekends. Thought about berlin down by 225 but never been there. any help is great. Dave

2. depends on what your looking for walleys in 4 to 10 ft early or late around brush or rocks from railroad brige north to 224 bri to dam east side from 224 to dam west flats in front of state park to rr bridge lindy rigs with crawler or min jig northland jigs 1-4 in 10 to 15 ft water . crappie are hitting well all over with minnows or jigs tubs or grubs in 5 to 10 ft water good luck lots of trafic on weekends week days better

3. Lots of fish hitting along the 224 causeway. Last weekend I caught a few of everything: bluegill, pumpkinseeds, channel cats, crappie, white bass, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, and walleye. I got the walleyes, channel cats, and bass on nightcrawlers fished along the bottom. All of the crappie were caught on roostertails and blue fox spinners. Good Luck!

4. My husband and I were there last Saturday from 5:30 a.m. til 10:00 am and didn't even get a bite. I guess I just don't know how to fish.

5. Hit the spillway the other day and caught some MONSTER white bass. A lot of catfish in there and some tiny left over perch. OH and a sun burn LOL.