spillway!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JimmyC, Jul 28, 2008.

1. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Went to skeeter spillway fri night! Got 3 walleyes on rapalas but they were'nt keepers! Close to it but not quite!!!... probably gonna try it again this week!

2. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Whats a keeper to you at skeeter? There's no size limit there you know.

3. well if any of you people keep a walleye under 15 inches you people need to grow up one of the reasons there arent as much walleye in the lakes anymore people keep 10 inch cigars its wrong!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Chaunc......A keeper 2 me is 15"...... Everyone is titled to their own opinions! I just dont understand why their is no size limit at skeeter! There is everywhere else (by the way u are my idol when it comes down to crappie fishing:) !!!)! Muskieman....... I always see people keeping 10" cigars also! I dont like 2 see it but as long as the size limit is not enforced, we can't blame them 4 keeping what they want...but as for me, its at least 15" or its 15 seconds and then back in the water!;)

5. Mosquito should have a size limit on walleyes, alot of people keep little ones.Mosquito could be 1 of the best lakes around if a size limit was enforced.With natural reproduction skeeter would flourish as a "great"walleye lake.Its already known as the best crappie lake ,great flathead lake,so give the walleyes a size limit,,,, "16-17" would be a good choice.

6. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

definitely agree with you ramfan!

7. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

I'm sorry Jimmy. I didn't mean to turn this into ANOTHER Mosquito size limit thread. BUT...... please dont knock people who AREN'T breaking the law. When they decide to put a 15" size limit on the eyes there, then anyone keeping shorter fish should be chastised and/or arrested. Until then, you guys are only blowing smoke up your own ***. Complaining here wont change a thing. Do like the guys did with the Pymatuning issue. Contact your congressman or state representative. It worked for Pymy. It might work for Squito. Good luck and good fishing.

8. JimmyC

JimmyC RoAd TApe

Ya you're right! As long as there's no limit, you can keep them!! Nothing against anybody, i just prefer not to keep them under 15".....no big deal!.......................... Anyways, back to the topic of this thread (LOL), i'm headed 2 the spillway 2night trying 2 get some eyes!!

9. 12 years ago i would see a number of fish 3-5 lb range (No Joke)and bigger. wonder what happened?

The crappie are consistantly smaller to.

The dam you speak of used to have only 2-3 people fishing it tops. sometimes busier on weekends/ holidays. Last time i was there 2 years ago there had to be at least 10 people fishing.

Its too bad people take advantage of a resource and do not know how to respect it. If people are not required to throw small fish back, they are not going to (most People). Cant blame them, its the states fault. They made the rules.

10. I know Chauc but it would be nice to get the word out I just hate to see the lake turn into a hell hole. It's the closest one to me and ive always loved fishing their but everytime I go I catch little walleye or none at all and I try everything. Then I see the people who catch 9 inch or smaller walleye and put them in a bucket. Just like Milton spillway my favorite place to fish not to many people use to go down their a little more and a little more started to show up along with more garbage you should see it its horrible.

11. and people wonder why steelhead fisherman are so protective about there river knowledge. or any other fishing for that matter. There are so many abusers and litterers it ruins the whole thing rather quickly for everyone. It really is a shame. I hate going to any fishing spot and seeing all the trash.

12. yeah I steelhead 3 times a week in the fall

13. rolland

rolland Fishing Noob

Milton spillway smelled like rotten eggs tonight, after about 5 minutes I couldnt take it anymore and ran for a diffent spot.