Spillway eyes

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KDOG1976, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Ran into a guiy today said he killed Saugeye in the spillway last Sunday. After 30 minutes got my best ever so far out there, jsut under 18 inches. Cant wait to eat him up. Oddly enough this big Augeye was an easy catch and fought like a small crappie or bass, I was shocked to see an 18 inch Saugeye at the end of the line when i brough him in

2. jray

jray

ya they dont fight very hard but remember if you are fishing for saugeye dont reel them in too fast a big one might just drag in then when he sees the band make a huge turn which spillway by the way

3. jray

jray

thought so thanks

4. I have been trying to catch those things for a month with no luck. Did you get them in the morning or before dark?

5. pizza

pizza

I think the most important factor isn't night or day but rather to get there soon after they have opened the dam. The fish (and and all including muskies) get sucked thru....

6. pizza

pizza

then soon after they all get caught and kept or swept downstream and its slow until the next time the dam gets opened up.

some end up below the next lowhead until those mostly get meathunted out.

fewer make it to below the next lowhead

then most get caught and kept.

even fewer make it to the next lowhead.

None make it past mushi.

repeat procedure next time they pull the plug.

2-4" above the sidewalk at the spillway is a good thing.

7. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

You've got that right!!;)

8. forget the alum creek dam. Hit up below Oshay. They stock 85 k at Oshay, another 18k at Griggs Res. No lowheads between the two, just the main dams, Griggs dam, and Oshay Dam. Makes it tougher to find them, but once you do, it's easy fishing, considering the only people who catch them are people bass fishing with cranks. If you target them with some twister tails, it's pretty easy. Best advice I can give you is find any water that's too deep for you to wade thru. Toss in that pool for 30 minutes, catch some eyes.

9. pizza

pizza

Welcome Back, Kotter!:)

10. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Thank you, thank you!

PS:

I had to google that to figure out what the heck you meant!