close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spike-It worm dye

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by DCfisher, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Anyone here use this for adding color to soft plastics? how well does it hold up?

2. I use it a good bit for dying soft plastics. It works great and your bait will wear out before the dye does....

Careful not to get it on the carpet because it can cause your carpet to come unglued from your boat.

3. WLB

WLB Northern Ohio Fisherman

I dip most of my plastic smallie baits in a little chartreuse.

4. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I dip my tube jigs for the smallmouth bass. I use the red, chartreuse, and orange. That is some strong smelling dye.

I first used it back in 99 when I chartered a guide on Lake Erie. I used it to catch the smallie in my avatar.

5. I use it and I think it makes a differance when fishing is tough.

6. I put my tails in there about 1/4 of an inch of the main body. Fish seem to love it if there picky! JMO Glenn

7. I use this stuff exclusively, and if you go back in the BassMAster Magazine a about six months you can find a great way to keep the dye off your carpet.

It involves a recipe box and a sponge. The box needs to be at least big enough to hold 3X5 index cards and the sponge needs to be cut to fit it. You cut the sponge to fit firmly in the box, then cut as many holes in the center of the sponge as you have bottles of dye. Then you push the bottles in the holes so they fit tightly, and you can still take off the caps. That way when you first dip the plastic you can lay the bait on the sponge in the box and it will absorb the excess before you use it. As long as you keep the caps on tight and the box's lid closed, it goes a long way to keeping that dye off the carpet. Especially on a awesome boat like yours. I use this box system and my boat isn't nearly as nice as yours.

Eric

8. JBJ

JBJ

You won't find me without it up on Lake Erie. I can't hardly catch a smallie up there without dipping my lures into Dip-n-glow chartreuse...