close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spent a few hours on Dow this morning

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by wackyworm, May 5, 2004.

1. Went out to Dow Lake this morning, caught 3 bass, one alittle over 15 inch, he was pretty chubby, got him on a buzz bait off some logs and old grass. Got another smaller one on a buzz too. Kind of always figured buzz baits were wormer weather/water lures, but been reading to the contrary. Evidently its true. Caught a dink on a ultra lite minnow type lure in addtion. Water temp was 60.8 - 62. Was gonna try for some Trout, but got windy and lost the mood. Anyone doing a trout fishing out at Dow, let me know how there getting them.

2. Glad to see you caught a few. I hit a pond this morning with a buddy and caught some bluegill and crappie. The big boys of the pond didn't cooperate today!

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Sounds like a great day catching bass on the surface this early. I never fish for the trout down there, prefer to go to Rose, but might just have to try for some to put on the table.

4. go into the coves or around the dam, watch for them jumping, and use a jig and bobber, if that doesnt work use your fish finder to find a school of them near the dam, and suspend bait at that depth....