Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Dow Lake this morning, caught 3 bass, one alittle over 15 inch, he was pretty chubby, got him on a buzz bait off some logs and old grass. Got another smaller one on a buzz too. Kind of always figured buzz baits were wormer weather/water lures, but been reading to the contrary. Evidently its true. Caught a dink on a ultra lite minnow type lure in addtion. Water temp was 60.8 - 62. Was gonna try for some Trout, but got windy and lost the mood. Anyone doing a trout fishing out at Dow, let me know how there getting them.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Glad to see you caught a few. I hit a pond this morning with a buddy and caught some bluegill and crappie. The big boys of the pond didn't cooperate today!

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
Sounds like a great day catching bass on the surface this early. I never fish for the trout down there, prefer to go to Rose, but might just have to try for some to put on the table.

·
Registered
35 Posts
go into the coves or around the dam, watch for them jumping, and use a jig and bobber, if that doesnt work use your fish finder to find a school of them near the dam, and suspend bait at that depth....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts