spencer lake

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by brick, Aug 23, 2008.

1. brick

brick at ease

Has anybody got ant decent bass out of spencer lake?

2. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

I caught 2 between 15-18" yesterday while throwing my cast net for shad. I caught a couple of 3-4 pounders early this year the same way.

3. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I've seem some bass about the same size come off the shoreline timber but most are smaller. I usually fish spencer for panfish and cats.

4. brick

brick at ease

maybe thats the trick. I've oly been able to manage 6" to 10" LM with a smallmouth now and then same size. I'll have to keep trying.

5. I went out last week and had some luck on the catfish on chicken livers but I cant believe there isn't a good population of decent bass in all that timber?

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I used to only catch the dink bass out of Spencer. Then I started dropping the texas rigged worm right next to the standing timber on the southern portion. Cast and hit the timber and let drop all the way to the bottom and try to keep the worm night next to it.
    There are some nice bass in there. It's an excellent carp place for shorefishing too.

7. Flyfish Dog

Flyfish Dog Banned

I always had done really well there for bass. Shad raps and rattle traps in orange crawfish patterns have gotten me some good bass in 17-19 inches.4 inch plastic worms with no weights along brush and timber have done nicely also.