Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
"Too bad it didn't swim away"...Shut Up, Heaven forbid that someone should keep an almighty BASS. By the way, nice catch!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Nice catch. I'm all for catch and release, but I'm not against keeping fish either. If I catch a wall hanger, I'm not so sure it's going back in the water either. They're few and far between.

·
Registered
185 Posts
While a very nice catch, I agree with putzin...I think 3lbs would be the biggest that fish would go.

·
Set The Hook`
4,215 Posts
ya looks like about an 18" or so 3lbs....definitley not a wall hanger and a nice release fish to become one....

·
fishfinder1
277 Posts
If you hung him on the wall great, if you filleted it great too, sometimes the catch and release crap can get ridiculous. If a fisherman wants to keep a few bass for a meal or 2, he should be able to without being made to feel guilty about it. I'm for catch and release, but only when common sense is being followed. Sometimes I think that C&R is used by some as a way to try to control other fishermen.

·
Registered
254 Posts
i have to agree. spencer lake is my home pond and if thats your biggest fish to date congrats. but all im saying is that lake is going down hill fast. i mean my biggest outta there is 24 inches and 30 seconds after landing that fish was swimming for some little kid to catch or a older grandpa. but thats just me. good fish though.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I just think that after all the time people devote to catch one of these beauties to see one being held looking lifeless in some backyard is just disheartening. and that lake is going downhill. go eat some crappie or something harvesters

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys, I did not see the fish so I could not tell you other than what he told me. His wife (Thai) caught it and eats what she catches. She mostly catches bluegill or crappies there. He usually fishes for cats there and she eats them too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i have to agree. spencer lake is my home pond and if thats your biggest fish to date congrats. but all im saying is that lake is going down hill fast. i mean my biggest outta there is 24 inches and 30 seconds after landing that fish was swimming for some little kid to catch or a older grandpa. but thats just me. good fish though.
24 inches? That would have probably been like an 8lb fish...I hope in that 30 seconds you atleast got yourself a couple photos

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I'm not saying people are scumbags if they keep the bass they catch all im saying is everybody I have seen keeping them looked like scumbags!:(

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.