close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Speeders beware in Toledo! Expensive pictures!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crappiebub, Aug 29, 2004.

1. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Found this about Speeding citatons in Toledo. Could be and expensive Picture.
    http://www.onnnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=2229392&nav=LQlCQKlf
    Toledo
    Cameras Spying on Speeders

A warning to speeders in Toledo:There's a good chance you're being watched by cameras.

You may have seen cameras at several Toledo intersections snapping pictures resulting in citations for people who run red lights.

Now, cameras at six local crossings are adding speed patrol to their duties. During the first 30 days, police will be sending out warning letters to lead-foots who are photographed.

The warnings will stop beginning September 26.

Registered owners of cars caught speeding will get citations in the mail for 95 dollars. No points will be added to drivers records.

Police say you can't outrun the cameras.

"No the cameras are very accurate. We've captured violators in the past using this technology going well over 100 miles per hour," Lt. Kevin Keel told NBC 24.

Some local drivers are worried.

"I was going under 50. I knew that. I'm a little upset. Why did it take my picture when I was going under 50," said a concerned Kendelynn Mackay.

Toledo Police say if you notice the machines are trigger happy, it's because they're testing out the system.

The cameras are snapping shots of speeders at these six intersections in Toledo.

* Westbound Alexis and Jackman
    * Southbound Talmadge and Sylvania
    * Northbound Reynolds and Heatherdowns
    * Eastbound Main and Front
    * Northbound Anthony Wayne Trail and South
    * Southbound Anthony Wayne Trail and Western

by Rob Packard 8-27-04

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i read where they are on the turnpike also, reading license plates to find stolen vehicles and to see if the person driving is perhaps a wanted felon........BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!!!!!....:+).

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I thought issuing citations via photo and mail was illegal according to Ohio State Law. Or does city law preceed State law now?

4. If these cameras are as accurate as the ones on the ETR toll highway around Toronto,

5. ....they are very accurate and promptly send you the bill in the mail!