close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Speed Shadding :-)

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Reel Lady, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

We (Reel Son and I) thought that we would teach all of you a little something about live bait. You see, while we were a little bit giddy because it was very late at night, Zach and I discovered a very fun sport whose results can be used to catch yourself some nice fish! :D
    This newly invented sport is called "Speed Shadding"
    You play it like this....While your boat is in forward motion, you take your bait net and place it aproximately 4 inches below the surface of the water, holding it close to your boat. (This prevents the athlete from going overboard)
    While your net is slightly submersed with the boat in forward motion, you take your other hand (which is holding a spotlight), and aim this spotlight a few feet in front of the net. Participants must agree on the amount of time that the net is to be held in the water. Which ever participant has collected the most amount of Shad in the agreed upon time limit is the WINNER!
    And.... the bonus is FREE BAIT FISH to catch those big CATS! :p
    Leave it to us to come up with something that is this much fun! And who are these people that think that fishing is boring?????? LOL... they just havent fished with me!
    By the way, this technique was used quite successfully on Mosquito Lake, and not so successfully on West Branch. Man, that West Branch is a tough tough lake to figure out!
    By the way, we did manage to catch one catfish in mosquito the other night, over by the dam using shrimp on the bottom. Kinda small, but still nice :)
    Last night on West Branch, no luck at all, but did have a couple nice bites. Wait.... Rob did manage to catch a new personal best Stick Fish... that counts... right??? ;)

Happy Fishing!
    Reel Lady (Marcia)

2. Wow, well when you spend as much time on the water as you guys do you gotta come up with some good stuff!! Sounds like a great way to gather up some bait.

We struck out at WB last night too. I knew it was about time to get skunked at West Branch for me and last night was the night. We tried fishing some new areas and wasted some time in doing so. The water has also dropped some which probably caused the fish to drop back some off the banks at night.

Good seeing you guys out their Reel!