close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spawning yet?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by stu1019, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Are the LM bass spawning yet? I havent been fishing at all these past two weeks (work and lack of time). I want to fish b4 they get into the spawning period. Since I dont have a boat my main lake is Mogadore. i know there are a few experts in here on that lake that catch fish all the time. any help would be aprreciated.

Stu....

2. Bnichs

Bnichs ...

Not sure about Mogadore but in all of the ponds I fish the bass are done spawning and off the beds, at least most of them. Even at Brady lake the bass were off the beds probably 2 weeks ago. Mogadore though is much bigger and may not have warmed as quickly...

Brandon

3. Carpman_1977

Carpman_1977 Big Softy the Fish Finder

I was fishing around in Turkeyfoot and Rex Lake two weekend ago and saw numerous fry balls swimming around with the male bass still guarding them. They are definately done by now since the water temps in most of the lakes have hit the 70 degree mark. You might find some leftovers, but not much.

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

almost all the bass have been off the beds for 2 weeks. most are in the weeds now.

5. Like the others have said, the bass at Mog. are done with spawning and have their post-spawn feedbag on now =)

I was out east of 43 for an hour or two last evening just before dark and hooked a few fish including one beauty that was just shy of 20" but skinny... my best bass of the year so far, too bad I couldn't find her before she spawned. The fish were real active right along the shoreline chasing baitfish and whatever else came close to them so they were easy to find. A 4" floating rapala worked on topwater caught all my fish last night. Also, the bite died as soon as the sun went down.

Steve

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

maybe the just moved off the bank some. were you wading or in a boat? tubes usually work well when they move a tad deeper, atleast at mog.

7. I didn't have time to get my waders last night so I was fully shorebound. I should have been more specific and said the bite along the shore shut down when the sun went down..I'm sure there were active fish elsewhere but I didn't look for them.

Steve

8. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Figured, you seem to know your stuff at mogadore. :D

9. I love that lake, the fishing there is easy enough to make even me look like I know what I'm doing :cool:

Steve