Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TEAM PUNK
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered new NGK plugs for my 1996 Force by Merc 90 HP 2 stroke, & found that the prior owner had the incorrect plugs in the boat. The motor calls for a BUZHW rather than the BUHW that were installed.

Now, I understand that the BUZHW is a resistor plug, not sure what that means, while the BUHW is not. Apparently, talking out my ass now, the NON resistor plug could cause radio interference with ECU causing it to miss etc?

So, of the 6 times I've had my boat out it seems to run well, I guess, however, should I expect it to run any " better " or different?

·
Banned
14,059 Posts
it really doesnt matter which you use as far as performance goes. the resister plugs is just better for interfearence on your electronics. the new plugs should make it run better if the old ones needed replaced. i have changed plugs and not noticed any real difference, then i have changed them and really noticed it. just depends on how bad your old plugs were.
sherman

·
TEAM PUNK
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pour a can of sea foam in the tank, run 89 octane fuel and you,ll see a big differerance.
All the time or just once? I actually used half a can of Seafoam in a few months back before I changed the plugs. Shouldn;t that be done before changing the plugs? Tomorrow will be the first time I've run the boat with the new plugs.

Do you always use 89 fuel?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts