close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Spammers..... How do they work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by H2O Mellon, May 2, 2005.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

With so many of these Spammers comming in saying "Free $1,000,000,000 Bass Pro Shops Card" & stuff like this, I figured I'd ask: How do they work? I mean do they get money each time someone clicks there link, or when someone actually signs up for whatever kind of SCAM they are trying to do. Just wondering how it works, there has to be $ in it somewhere or there wouldnt be anyone doing it, right?

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Typically, yes Bryan. They get x amount of money per click/impression.

3. H2O Mellon

Sweet so if I did something like "Free Naked Pics OF Bubbahunter" I'd get money for every times someone clicks it? Sweet, I'm quitting my job & becomming a Spammer.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

One catch...people HAVE to click it :D A keen spammer, would do "Free Naked Pics of Pam Anderson", but with bubba pics on the inside ;)

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Bryan, this is a great effort that has taken effect nation wide.

The goal is to get enough money together to give you private fishing lessons.

Spammers know that it will take alot of effort, but the end results would be fantastic!

It will take alot of money, because they have well known fishermen like Linder, Houston, and many Ohio river guides who have signed up to give the lessons.

Lord Knows my "free lessons" have not worked, and might have even slowed your progress.

6. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

H2O Mellon,
    I think he gave you both BARRELS on that one! :T :T

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  7. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

I found this great site that has the answer you are looking for. I hope the link works. . . . . and no this is not spam!

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/spam.htm

I read through it and it makes since to me.

8. H2O Mellon

I have it! I will statrt a Scam that Says "MELLON Catches 1st Ohio Flathead.... 60 Pounds, click here" I'll retire happy so mnay people will try it! :)

9. but once you click it they get sent a message that you responded then you get a f;lood of spam one in every 30,000 actually but somthing from the spam and the people get paid tons of money to

10. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

That is all and good there mellon but nobody has posted or pondered. Where the heck did mellon het nekkid pictures of Bubba. Maybe hidden cams in that cottage that you let bubba use a while back.

I am tellin ya mellon, head down here and fish loramie before Jack turns you into an "I'm quitting" river guy. You two need to come up and fish a lake that has been on.

bill

11. Good lord I cant go turkey hunting for one weekend and not have somebody wanting to make money off my hindend.besides i`m not even sure how to comment on this.........

Thanks buddy i owe ya one lol

Bub

12. A Virginia judge sentenced a spammer to nine years in prison Friday in the nation's first felony prosecution for sending junk e-mail, though the sentence was postponed while the case is appealed.
    Loudoun County Circuit Judge Thomas Horne said that because the law targeting bulk e-mail distribution is new and raises constitutional questions, it was appropriate to defer the prison time until appeals courts rule.

A jury had recommended the nine-year prison term after convicting Jeremy Jaynes of pumping out at least 10 million e-mails a day with the help of 16 high-speed lines, the kind of Internet capacity a 1,000-employee company would need.