close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

southwest outing

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by roadman, May 19, 2004.

1. Hey guys we've got to get together soon. someplace in our area

2. Fins

Fins

If you pull this off roadman, let me know. I'd like to be there.

3. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

He's also building a ARK!!!!!!!!!

Fishcrazzzzzzzzzy
    I have to be nice to roadman he's got my need for speed fix!!!!!
    :D

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

why dont you just come over to the rocky fork carp outing june 11-14th

5. We'll be there!!! I didn't know when it was>>>>>

I may catch something other than carp though.....

6. We'll be there!!! I didn't know when it was>>>>>

I may catch something other than carp though.....

We could go somwhere on June 5 my son graduates on the 6th.

7. catking

catking Banned

Probably be a nice turnout at Rocky Fork !! Just so the fog doesn't settle in ..hey NAVIGATOR :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: DA KING !!!

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Hey King can you send me a pm of where this event is going to take place?..I want to go up next weekend and fish it for awhile.
    You know what part of the lake?..I will be traveling west on rt 50.

9. catking

catking Banned

Hey flathunter- Just stay on Rt.50 and go till you hit a small town called Boston. Turn left on the road that states " Camping 4 miles" it's a State Park sign. Go to the first stop sign, and turn right. Follow it and the camp ground is on the left. Very easy to find. Enter the camp ground and the place we will be fishing is on the left, DON"T take the first road to the left once you go into the camp grounds, myself and cwcarper scouted this place out and all the way up on the left is a GREAT spot with shade trees. You will see what I'm saying. The bank space is on the left and LOTS of it. CATKING :cool:

10. Is there a hp limit at rocky fork?

JC

11. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I should be able to make the carp outting, will probably only make it Sunday.. so save a few fish for me :D

12. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Hey King. Did you get a list of motels, campground sin the area yet? If so, shoot me an email, and I'll get the post up for ya on here, CAG, and on the CAG Ohio website.

13. Rocky is unlimited HP. Down by the campgrounds it is shallow for a good ways. There are nice ramps there though. the whole area we are going to be at is no wake so it should be pretty nice. It takes about twenty minutes to get to the main lake and the blastoff areas.

14. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I fish to the left of the boat docks at the campgrounds and there are alot of carp in there. I was there the other day and there was a bunch of carp sucking skum off the sides of the docks. Its was pretty cool. :cool: Rocky Fork has unlimited horse power. :p

15. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

So is someone going to pin this and make it an official OFG southwest outing. We could have the cookout and meet at the campground boat ramp (for all that pesky bankless boat trash). Roadman why not edit your first post to include some details this thread is very bland at the moment and there will surely be enough people there anyway with all us carpers.

16. Dont know when you guys are planning your trip but you might want to call the park office and check to see if the east end of the lake is open yet...went down there on the 24 and there was a fellow drown down by the island and they had not found the body as of 9 p.m. havent heard any reports today though...but just a heads up might want to call and see if its open

17. catking

catking Banned

Thanks wolf_ty for the info. The carp outing is planned for June 11-13 th. Tpet will be posting the info later. This coming month is really a busy one.June 5th is the special kids outing at St Marys, then the Carp outing, then the biggest bash of the year-The OGF grand opening outing at Tappan Lake :eek: Busy...................... CATKING

18. Hobie

Hobie here fishy, fishy

Figured this thread needed a bump for those still needing info. :)
    Me and a buddy went out yesterday evening to check out the lake conditions.
    Fished for maybe 2hrs. We caught numorous carp at the site designated for the outing. One of my favorite carp spots since there's enough room to move around from shore.The yellow bellies and small channels were on the move,lots of them feeding like crazy.Water temps were way down to 71F.We even pulled about a dozen small perch.You have to be very patient for the 8+ lb carp in the area but they're there as thick as the 2-4#ers.Wish we could have stayed longer but it got dark on us,lol and of course we both forgot the lanterns at home.
    :D

19. catking

catking Banned

Thanks for the update Hobie ;) Tpet will be posting the info shortly in the carp section about this CAG/OGF carp in. Once again, thanks !!! CATKING