close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Southwest Mini outing

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishcrazy, Aug 4, 2004.

1. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

Roadman and I are thinking of planning a mini outing on a lake in the southwest. Everything is going on up north and not much down here. Lets get some replys for a place and or a date. Sept 3 thru 10 is bad for me cause . I'll be reeling in redfish in florida. Sanibel Island. Oh Yeh!
    Plan It they will come!!!!!!!
    Fishcrazzzzzzzy :D

2. hell yeah, id be interested, I just dont have a boat!!!!! what you guys thinkin , catfishing!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I aggree, everything is usually up north, we need some action down south.

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I'm down, keep me updated.

5. Bassman

Bassman KevinVanDamJr

Keep updated on when and where, and ill most prolly be there.

6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

That sounds like a good thing guys. I will say we will be having other outing in other parts of the State. This year just getting started we went with the best place for the members outing we could get in a short notice. The Hog Feast is up north because of Lake Erie being the tournament place. I know we want to have one in Central Ohio next year as well as other locations. Don't get upset guys, we are still only a few months old and still building. We will hit every area of the State eventually. Keep us updated, I'm sure some of us will show up no matter where there is an outing. Just love a good party.

7. I am there if I can be there.

8. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

As long as my sched permits I will be there :)

9. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I can only make it if it is the weekend of aug 20-22. My schedule is pretty packed!

10. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I'm definately interested! I have a few weekends that are taken already but let me know when and where!!!

Tee

11. you know im in...remember sept 24-26th is the big one up north

12. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

Bank, Boat, Airplane. Just a little lie telling and cook a few dogs or somptin.
    What about the dead sea(caesars) or paint creek, Rocky fork, Cj brown, Alum, Ohio river near a lock or damn (big cats)

Open for anything
    Fishcrazy :cool:

13. there is a campground right below the meldal dam on rt. 52 its called indian mound or something like that

14. Will the standard OGF southwest region tournament payouts be in play?

15. catking

catking Banned

I believe it will be an outing, not a tourney for pay ;) Anyways, I'll keep an eye out on the progress of this. I vote Rocky Fork. ( Without the fog :D ) THE CATKING !!!

16. I was hoping you would fall for the trap by asking "I dunno, what are the standard OGF southwest tournament rules?". So, I'll rephrase it and maybe get a nibble.

Will the outing format be according the standard OGF outing format?

17. catking

catking Banned

And what is the standard OGF Outing format?.......... :D ...By the way fishcrazy- DA KING !!! just returned from Sanibel Island ;)

18. I have taken liberty to propose a Standard OGF Southwest Region Shorefishing Outing Format. Just an idea...

The Unofficial OGF Southwest Region ShoreFishing Outing (draft)
    1. 4 hours duration Shorefishing Outing shall be comprised of 10 minute intervals.
    2. Fishermen that do not catch a fish during any given interval period must consume 12 oz of their favorite beer or equivalent 80 proof. Consumption must be completed within the subsequent interval time period.
    3. Players that are unable to consume alcoholic beverages may substitute their favorite carbonated drink, but are required to do 10 jumping-jacks immediately after completing consumption within the subsequent interval time period.
    4. The players that do not catch a fish during a given interval; may as a unit, unanimously decide to pour their beverage on those that did catch fish as an alternative to consumption.
    5. An official clock will not be used, and the exact beginning and end of each interval period will be decided upon by irrational argument and name calling.
    6. If at any time, a participant passes out (or passes away), the interval period shall be extended to 15 minutes.
    7. The final hour begins a no-holds-barred “catch and release” versus “catch and keep” fight.
    8. And of course, no person, whether player or observer, that is under the influence of alcohol shall be allowed to participate in boating or depart unless driven by a designated driver or safe commercial transportation.

19. catking

catking Banned

That's very good KING ;) I believe we MUST use these at this particular outing :D ..DA KING !!! ( I feel like I'm talkin to myself :D )

20. I will come if Miami doesn't have a home game the chosen weekend! Boat or shore would be fine. I don't know how long I could physically follow the rules(beer for no fish) but am willing to put forth a 100% effort. :D