close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

southern sized crappies

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sowbelly101, Oct 3, 2004.

1. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

hours of reading, fishing and practice finally paid off... caught these honeys in about n hour , after hunting the lake for 2 hrs...

dcfisher gettin the hang of it
    [​IMG]
    yeehaw
    [​IMG]
    redneck fishin board
    [​IMG]
    didnt want to let them go. ( to the fillet table)
    [​IMG]

catch any bigger fish might need a 30 pack
    [​IMG]

that little jig did the job
    [​IMG]

almost a stud
    [​IMG]

biggest fish measured 15 3/4 with the tail pinched and the lips open, im back in the dog house since i beat the family record which was owned by my wife.... she was a good sport about it and still cleaned all the fish... we threw back everything under 13" and a few that we felt sorry for. probally had 30 or so caught and the smallest was 11" if ya look at the "board picture the gills hangin were 8.5" and 9" ...

more to follow.... :D :D

sowbelly

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Nice bunch of fish ! I cant wait to settle down after this weeks big tournament and catch some fish for the freezer . :)

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

sow..nice mess o'slabs you guys got there.my mouth is just drooling...dang..i need to get on a boat and get some for my freezer..
    oh yeah..u deserved to be in da doghouse.. :p :D

4. You Da Man ........................

5. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Good going Brian
    Mouse still clean em?

6. Sowbelly, great catch. I was hoping to make it out this weekend myself but did not get to. I have Thursday so I guess I will have to wait until then.

7. sowbelly101

yeah krista cleaned them, the joke was on me tho.. I told dc that i was going to clean them and he reminded me that i shouldnt attempt to clean them cause i would probally screw (best word i can replace with what was said) them up, and his wife said yeah throw them on ice till krista gets home. that boy in the belly gets any bigger and she is gonna need me to build a shelf so she can under it or ill have to find a longer electric fillet knife...

the vex even came in handy to find them, just threw the transducer over the side and drifted around til we found them...

sowbelly

8. I've been looking for some crappie at Hoover for a couple of weeks and have had nothing but bad luck.

9. sowbelly101

they were caught in a private lake. we were fishing deep 25-30'feet. small sliders on a 64th oz jig . used a bb sized split shot above it to get down faster.

sowbelly