Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...a client/friend of mine just invited me and my boat to his place on Pymie tomorrow.

He lives on the extreme South End of the Lake, just North of the Mortals Key Brewing. (The narrow end of the Lake, across from/Northeast of Jamestown Boat Rental.)

His brother-in-law is supposed to join us. He doesn't get out much due to health issues but really likes to be on the water.

Anyone have any suggestions that you don't mind sharing with me? You can certainly PM if you prefer. We'll be practicing catch and release. I'd just like to boat a few fish, if possible. Bass and crappie or walleye would be great....but any action would be much appreciated. I'll have a lot of soft plastics on the boat along with your standard bass fishing gear.

There are frequently boats fishing off of his property but he has no idea what "they" are fishing for. He owns a pontoon boat but does not have a sonar/fish finder on it.

I'll be in my Crestliner but will be using my trolling motor to get around since I don't have an outboard less than 15 HP. I have to stay in this general area.....unless I'm allowed to idle with the gas outboard. I'm pretty sure that I can't run the big motor....so we'll see how my batteries hold up tomorrow.

Thanks in advance, if applicable.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have always caught a few fish in line with and just off the East end of Stocker Island . It is North of your starting point maybe 2 to 3 miles on the west side of the lake. There is a shallow point the runs out several hundred yards to the East of the island that produces as you pass over it. Worth a try.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks folks. Much appreciated!!!

Start with the shoreline then and work my way back out if need be?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hp limit is 20hp. The area by the dam is a good spot. Casting rippin rap lures, bottom bounce worm harnesses. Weed lines and transition flats. Use the navionics web app for your phone with locator turned on while your out to get a general lay of the bottom without a depth finder.

·
SOLID MEAT
5,347 Posts
I would trailer to the north end and bass/crappie fish. It's been pretty good. and you can always ramp hop if stuck with the electric. most ramps are in bays that hold fish this time of year

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
9,107 Posts
Well...a client/friend of mine just invited me and my boat to his place on Pymie tomorrow.

He lives on the extreme South End of the Lake, just North of the Mortals Key Brewing. (The narrow end of the Lake, across from/Northeast of Jamestown Boat Rental.)

His brother-in-law is supposed to join us. He doesn't get out much due to health issues but really likes to be on the water.

Anyone have any suggestions that you don't mind sharing with me? You can certainly PM if you prefer. We'll be practicing catch and release. I'd just like to boat a few fish, if possible. Bass and crappie or walleye would be great....but any action would be much appreciated. I'll have a lot of soft plastics on the boat along with your standard bass fishing gear.

There are frequently boats fishing off of his property but he has no idea what "they" are fishing for. He owns a pontoon boat but does not have a sonar/fish finder on it.

I'll be in my Crestliner but will be using my trolling motor to get around since I don't have an outboard less than 15 HP. I have to stay in this general area.....unless I'm allowed to idle with the gas outboard. I'm pretty sure that I can't run the big motor....so we'll see how my batteries hold up tomorrow.

Thanks in advance, if applicable.
So, what HP is your motor? 20HP is good to go on Pymy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts